Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 July 2018

Mel's Diner. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Coleslaw Review.




I had been eyeing the meatloaf since I was last at Mel's Diner (search my blog for mel's diner for my spaghetti review) and I decided this time to get it. This is the bacon wrapped meatloaf, with a side of mashed potatoes and coleslaw.

Most people I know HATE coleslaw, I do not. I though hated this one, it tasted horrid, it was buttery tasting and I couldn't even have more than two bites, it was a no from me. I rate it 0/5.

The mashed potatoes were good, I was not unhappy with them but the more I ate of them the unhappier I became as they tasted bleh over time. I would consider them again and YES I ordered a side of gravy to smother it in haha. I rate them 3/5.

The gravy was good, I am critical of my gravies and most of them I do like but ones I don't I really don't. This gravy though I am happy about, it was good and I rate it 3.5/5.

Now onto the meatloaf, it was topped with mushrooms and gravy. I wasn't crazy about the mushrooms but they worked well with the gravy of course. The bacon though that wrapped around the meatloaf I could barely taste or even find. The meatloaf it's self was AWFUL, it literally tasted like dog food. I was upset, I didn't even finish it but I did force myself to eat 98% of it. I would definitely not get it again. I rate it 0/5.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that ur birthday dinner wasn't great. Hugs u

    ReplyDelete