Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Youtiao Review.


I saw these youtiao at the grocery store, they are labelled as long Chinese donuts. I had never seen them before so I thought I'd try them out, I got a pack of 6 pairs for 5 dollars.

These are very bland, almost completely flavourless and I wasn't all that thrilled about them. I didn't know what to eat them with but I know they would taste better with other things.

I had tried them 1. on their own, 2. with chicken noodle soup and 3. with Nutella. I found of course the Nutella the best option, as these may be almost flavourless, they do have a very light sweet flavour. You could try this out with different things like powered sugar, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, tea or even coffee. I read a lot of people eat it with their tea or coffee or even rice porridge.

Overall I didn't like them, I found them too moist and the lack of flavour was saddening to me. I'm sure you're not to enjoy them plain or maybe these ones were just not made well. I wouldn't eat them again, I have been stuffing my face with them to get rid of them of course but I'm tired of them already haha. I rate them 1/5. I would've said 0 but the concept is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment