Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 April 2019

Chef Mark's Hakka Style Shanghai Chicken Meal Kit Review.



This meal kit caught my eye in the grocery store, I have not seen meal kits before and sure it was a little pricey at 8 bucks I felt maybe it would be worth the try.

This is all that came in the box: rice, chicken, sauce and veggies.





It was a pretty easy step by step prep and cook.


The rice was to be heated last but it came out in such a huge chunk that was hard to break up in order to heat properly. The serving of this meal was rather small it would be good for one person, not two people like I was feeding.


This was the amount I ended up with, as I mentioned I was sharing it. 

I felt the flavours weren't great, I wasn't crazy about the sauce and I wanted nicer rice. I would pay extra for better rice, different sauce and a bigger portion. I want to try out the other dishes that these meal kits came in but at the same time it was a bit pricey for this small serving. I guess it is a good equivalent to a frozen meal for one for a bit more but I probably would've preferred a frozen meal to this particular dish, maybe one of the others I'd like more. I would not purchase this one again and I rate it 2.5/5 I liked the idea of it and most of the ingredients but the sauce threw it off for me, as well as the tiny serving size.

No comments:

Post a Comment