Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 May 2021

Thriftbooks. Online Thrift Library Review.

 



I saw a Tumblr post about this website Thriftbooks and how amazing their deals on thrifted books are, they also have movies and video games I think but I was so interested in the books.

I am working through a list of Irvine Welsh books, trying to read as many as I can, so I used this site to find the ones I cannot get at any three libraries I could go to. They had a fair selection, two pages of Irvine Welsh books and these are the three I picked:





These prices are in USD. 

So each book has multiple options depending on condition and type of book, each with differing prices. I'm not picky on book condition and I thought I had selected the cheapest option for each book but now looking at the second book I did not but the price was only different by 70 cents or 88 cents CAD.

This is my cart:

When you make an account they send you a 15% off code, mine was only worth 60 cents USD or 75 cents CAD but that's fine.

I selected the Canada standard shipping (the first time I checked out this site before making a purchase the shipping was 16 USD or 20 CAD but it was suddenly 10.29 USD or 12.92 CAD yay! So my total came to 21.22 USD or 26.63 CAD. (The estimated total was my final total, I was not charged any sales tax.)

Above the cart there's a Covid warning:

I placed my order April 11th 2021 and they were shipped out April 13th 2021. I received an email that I would receive my package on or around May 10th 2021.

Today is now April 21st and one book arrived:



The book is in a great quality and I cannot believe it was worth almost 22 CAD and I got it for 4, what a steal.

Today is now April 22nd and a second book has arrived:



This one I bought at acceptable quality and it was indeed acceptable, it's bent quite a bit on the front (looks better on camera than in person) but not a huge deal. This book was worth 14 (potentially USD I'm not sure) but I still got it at a steal of a price at 4 bucks.

Today is now April 4th and the final book has arrived:


I may or may not have cut the book when opening it, I'm not sure. There was also no price tag on the book to compare but after doing research this book is being sold for approx. 14 CAD, which again is a steal at the price I paid.

Overall, this has been one of the greatest shopping finds, this website is EVERYTHING! I think it would be a great place to get books secondhand with a good selection but nothing beats a yard sale but this site lets you search their catalog so it's a plus. I rate this website and experience a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment