Total Pageviews

Monday 8 May 2023

Russell Stover. Milk and Dark Assorted Chocolates Review.




I did a while ago a Lindt assorted box of chocolates (search it on my blog) and today I'm doing a Russell Stover assorted box of chocolates. Above is a breakdown of each type and flavour. I will be doing a review of each one. This one retails for approx 30 bucks but I got it for 5 bucks at a discount grocery store.



This one is nut caramel, it was hard to chew but tastes great, like a riesen candy. I would eat it again, trying not to break teeth though haha and I rate it 4.5/5.




This is peanut cluster, also hard to chew but in the solid chocolate way, overall it wasn't great but the peanuts were a nice addition. I don't know if I'd get this one again but I'd eat if offered and I rate it 3/5.




This is strawberry creme, it's a lovely texture and nice flavour but something about it is a little odd like a little flavour that's unusual or maybe artificial. I did though still really like it but it's no pot of gold, their strawberry creme is the best haha but I'd eat this one again and I rate it 4/5.




This is vanilla creme, the chocolate texture is nice though I'm not a big fan of the creme texture, it has not a bad flavour but it's nothing to write home about and the flavour is almost coconut-y and surely tastes artificial. It's not as good as the strawberry creme but not a bad chocolate, though I can admit I'm not a dark chocolate person. I'd eat it again if offered but I don't know if I'd buy it again and I rate it 3/5.




This is butter creme, this one is pretty good and the filling reminds me almost of another chocolate bar, maybe a 3 musketeers. It has good flavour and I'd probably get it again and I rate it 3.5/5.



These are the chocolate covered peanuts, nothing fancy but taste good, just as other brands of chocolate peanuts. I'd eat them again and I rate them 3.5/5.




This is the caramel, very hard to chew like the first one but overall a good flavour and I really liked it despite me not being a carmel person. I'd eat these again but trying not to break my teeth as always haha and I rate it 4/5.


I should say both this box and the Lindt box had some great pieces, I think I prefer this box overall. Though the Lindt one was more worth the price JUST by how many pieces came in that box vs. this one but I do believe in quality (or personal taste) over quantity; this box I just had more fun eating and enjoyed eating more, despite not getting as much for the price (note: these two boxes cost almost the same). I have learned most of my favourite chocolates are more plain in flavours and that's okay and that luxury chocolate it's usually my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment