Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 May 2020

OPI. Nail Envy Review.



Note: I am very late uploading this review, about 4ish months late.

I started using the nail product Oct 14th and here is a breakdown of how the experience went.

This is the bottle out of the box:




This is the application chart:



These are my nails after applying the product the first time:


They look like my regular nails just shiny.

Here I write out my experience with the product as I went through each week's schedule:

It made my nails looks bad and a weird yellow tint but some days it looked nicer than other days.

It’s easy to get hairs or things on the brush and then onto your nails. It’s also easy to make cracks or lines in the product, its not usually fixable as it dries very quick.

I hate that applying too many coats gives bubbles to your nails it’s hard to see but when you see them it’s gross. Here are photos of the bubbled nails:




I only chipped and had to cut down a single thumb nail twice or so, otherwise not a single broken nail.

It doesn’t remove properly at the end of each week, it’s never 100% removed and it’s bothersome. For a while at the beginning it was bubbled up quite a bit and could be easily peeled off but as time went on you couldn’t do that.

The more I use my nails the more the product seems to come off and my nails are beginning to chip again, especially the thumbs. 

November 17th one of my nails broke. I’m not surprised but also surprised they lasted this long at all. Make that two nails. So sad. 

December 13th some of my nails are breaking, so sad. 

December 17th all but two nails on each hand are broken and I had to cut them all down again. 

December 31st the product is still liquid half way through the bottle but little strands of product come off the brush. 

The nails aren’t really as yellow anymore but they bubble so much especially my thumbs. It looks awful. 

January 8th I still got a fair bit of product left and I’m going strong, I mean I still get strands which sucks and it still bubbles but I’m sticking with it. My left hand each nail is bubbled so much the right hand seems to have none I’m not sure why, I just wish neither bubbled but maybe the bubbling makes it easier to remove. 

I find the product is less liquid than when I started. I close the bottle right but it seems to be drying. 

Jan 18th I cant make use of the rest of the bottle, there isn’t much left but it’s gotten less liquid and more sticky and it’s impossible to apply so I’m wrapping it up here, I got a good few months out of the bottle and I’m glad it’s over.

After removal my nails look good but feel weird, I’m hoping this changes they feel not rough like sand paper but feel weird.

Overall it does what it says but what cost? It makes my nails look horrible and the removal each week is difficult. I got tired of the downhill with the product and I’m happy to be at the end of the review, I rate it 2.5/5.

Update: 5 days following removal I haven’t yet broken a nail, knock on wood. It seems the product has left my nails strong, I’m not sure how long it’ll last but I hope it works out well.

My final update: its Feb 4th and all my nails are back to breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment