Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Pizza Pizza. Pepperoni, Four Meat and BBQ Chicken Stromboli Review.

 


I'm normally not one to purchase food (other than funnel cake sticks) from this place but I saw they are now doing Stromboli and I wanted to try them for review. I got 3 of the 4 flavours: pepperoni, four meat and bbq chicken (the other flavour was I believe Mediterranean pesto).

First I tried the pepperoni. This was not nice, I ran into the same issue that I have with panzerottis and calzones. I find when pepperoni is baked INTO something the texture and taste changes, it feels undercooked and soggy. I also found there was not enough sauce but the cheese, breading and seasonings were good. I would not eat this again and I rate it 2/5.



Then I tried the 3 meat, it has pepperoni, spicy sausage, ground beef and bacon. The pepperoni and sausage again gave that bad texture and undercooked feel and taste. The rest of the meats were good, along side the cheese and bread but again needed more sauce. I wouldn't eat this one again and I rate it 2.5/5.



Lastly I had the BBQ chicken. It has pickles on it which I was surprised to see but they were nice. I'm sad the onions were red as I prefer white onions but they weren't too bad for me. This one had even less sauce, maybe not any; I didn't taste any BBQ. This one was the nicest but I'm not in love with it. I would eat it again if offered but I would not buy it again and I rate it 3/5.

I think if they did a cheese only version, that would be my favourite haha. I am not thrilled with them and again I confirm I don't like these stuffed pizza type dishes and I don't want to eat them going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment