Total Pageviews

Friday 21 January 2022

Retro Stage. Clothing and Website Review.

 


I have actually purchased from this company before but I failed to do a review, so I am doing a review for you now. The dress I bought before I really like, so I wanted to do it again.

I had stumbled upon this dress and it was instantly a dream, I wanted it so bad but I couldn't justify the price but once black Friday came around I thought I'd just go for it, despite it still be rather costly.

I placed my order today Novemeber 27th 2021.

This is the dress:



The shoulders and back are mesh with butterflies on it, it's gorgeous and the shape is really nice. 

Note this is in CAD on the ad but the cart is in USD. Here is my cart:


With the help of the Honey extension I got a coupon for almost 9 bucks.

Today is January 21sst 2022 and the dress has arrived.

I am not happy, the design is gorgeous but it was poorly done and the material is bad. I had to fight into this dress, my hips were too big yet I've never needed more than an XL before in what I thought was a US size, especially because it was a bit ill fitting and baggy in the rest of the dress, so it would've looked even worse sized up. ALSO the buttons at the back were poorly made and inconsistent, unable to be done up fully, only one could be done up, I am not happy.

Here is the dress:



I have another dress coming from them, that I purchased shortly after this one, it seems this site is hit or miss, like an expensive Wish or Aliexpress, where you're not sure what kind of quality you're getting each purchase. I can only hope the other one turns out.

This dress was a flop, not the worst I've bought online from a website but it was not worth the price, not even close because I'd not even pay 15 bucks for this. I rate the dress 3/5 and the experience 3/5, they are sorely overpriced and took two months to arrive, which isn't bad but not worth it for how this went. If I could sew I'd make myself this dress again but better fitting, better quality and in a nicer material, as this one was similar to wind-breaker material.

I will give an update on how the last dress goes when it arrives, I hope for better results like I got the first dress I purchased.

Update: the third dress arrived, it's a nicer shape on my body size wise, quality and feel than the one I reviewed, it's a good purchase like the first dress I bought from them, so 2 out of 3 dresses being a hit is pretty good. So I'd say it's a gamble on this site but they are overpriced so it may not be worth it unless you see something on their site that you REALLY want.

No comments:

Post a Comment